A visitor from another time, another place...






What can I really say about this guy?

From information at one of my favorite sites, Wildtoys.net (check it out!), the Zeroids were "incredible workers from Planet Zero!" Later, they were rehashed into the Star Team, coincidentally around the time that there was some massively popular movie about space and such. The figure above is from the Star Team. Now his name is just Zeroid, and his head has a dome. A dome-headed robot? Can't imagine where else I saw that in the 70's...

Fun fact: the planet that the Robo Force (of Maxx Steele fame) lives on is called Zeton.
Interesting...

Comments

Unknown said…
I didn't recognise this until I looked at the illustrated characters on the back of the box. Now I'm trying to recall how I recognised them, as - like I said - I have no memory of this toy line.

Maybe I'm confusing them with the Tomland aliens, as they used to use similar illustrations... Either way it's very cool!
Charlie said…
Such good stuff! As always - I dig seeing the original packaging, and it's great for adding to the historical research and documentation angle!

Popular Posts